Collect a tissue sample from every plot in MN2014 for archiving in case its needed for quality control checks.
- Collect along a serpentine path through the field
- Put one random young leaf sample from the center of each plot into a 96-well plate
- Fill the plate from left to right, top to bottom
- See plate IDs table
- Each Plate (with 96 wells) was labelled in accordance with the table e.g MN14_Tissue_1 for plate 1
- The samples were lyophilized for an average of 5 days.
- Grinding of the samples
- Each plate was ground at 19 cycles for a minimum of 10 minutes duration.
- The ground leaf samples are currently being stored under -80 degrees Celsius in the lab.