Designation: Post-doctoral Research Fellow: Sorghum Genetics and Genomics
Address: 3716 Throckmorton Plant Sciences Center
1712 Claflin Road, 3716 Throckmorton Plant Science Center
Kansas State University, Manhattan, KS 66506-0110
Phone: (509)-288-2273, E-mail: email@example.com
Supervisor: Morris, Geoffrey P.
- January 2012-July 2016: Ph.D. in Crop Science, Washington State University, Pullman, USA.
- September 2004-July 2006: M.S. in Plant Pathology, Haramaya University, Haramaya, Ethiopia.
- September 1996-July 2000: B.S. in Plant Sciences, Haramaya University, Haramaya, Ethiopia.
- February 2017 to present: Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Department of Agronomy, Kansas State University, Manhattan, KS, USA: Genomic-assisted breeding for developing countries USAID-Haiti/SMIL
- July 2016 – February 2017: Postdoctoral Research Associate, Department of Crop and Soil Sciences; Washington State University, Pullman, USA: Molecular genetics of stripe rust resistance in wheat
- January 2012 to July 2016: Graduate Research Assistant, Washington State University, Pullman, USA: Genome-wide mapping and genomic prediction for resistance to rusts (Puccinia spp.) in wheat germplasm collections.
- October 2009 - January 2012: Associate Researcher, Ethiopian Institute of Agricultural Research (EIAR), Addis Ababa, Ethiopia: Wheat Breeding, Genetics, and Pathology.
- January 2001 to August 2009: Research Pathologist, Oromia Agricultural Research Institute, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Kebede T. Muleta, Gael Pressoir, Geoffrey P. Morris, 2018 Optimizing genomic selection for a sorghum breeding program in Haiti: a simulation study, Accepted in G3: Genes|Genomes|Genetics
- Kaori Ando, Sheri Rynearson, Kebede T. Muleta, Jhonatan Gedamu, Bedada Girma, Nilsa Bosque- Pérez, Ming-Shun Chen, and Mike O. Pumphrey, 2018. Genome-Wide Associations for Multiple Pest Resistances in a Northwestern United States Elite Spring Wheat Panel, PLoS ONE 13(2): e0191305. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0191305
- Kebede T. Muleta, Peter Bulli, Sheri Rynearson, Xianming Chen and Michael Pumphrey, 2017. Loci Associated with Resistance to Stripe Rust (Puccinia striiformis f. sp. tritici) in a Core Collection of Spring Wheat (Triticum aestivum), PLoS ONE 12(6): e0179087.
- Kebede T. Muleta, Peter Bulli, Zhiwu Zhang, Xianming Chen and Michael Pumphrey, 2017. Unlocking diversity in germplasm collections by genomic selection: a case study based on quantitative adult plant resistance to stripe rust in spring wheat, The Plant Genome, doi: 10.3835/plantgenome2016.12.0124
- Kebede T. Muleta, Matthew N. Rouse, Sheri Rynearson, Xianming Chen, Bedada G. Buta, Michael O. Pumphrey. 2016. Characterization of molecular diversity and genome-wide mapping of loci associated with resistance to stripe rust and stem rust in Ethiopian bread wheat accessions. Accepted BMC Plant Biology.
- Wan A. M., Muleta, K. T#., (# Co-first author) Zegeye, H., Hundie, B., Pumphrey, M. O., and Chen, X. M. 2017. Virulence Characterization of Wheat Stripe Rust Fungus Puccinia striiformis f. sp. tritici in Ethiopia and valuation of Ethiopian Wheat Germplasm for Resistance to Races of the Pathogen from Ethiopia and the United States. Plant Disease, 101(1): 73-80
- Yukiko Naruoka, Kaori Ando, Peter Bulli, Kebede T. Muleta, Sheri Rynearson, and Michael O. Pumphrey Identification and validation of SNP markers linked to the stripe rust resistance gene Yr5 in wheat. Crop Sci. 56(6): 3055-3065, doi: 10.2135/cropsci2016.03.0189.
- Pablo Olivera, Maria Newcomb, Les J. Szabo, Matthew Rouse, Jerry Johnson, Samuel Gale, Douglas G. Luster, David Hodson, James A. Cox, Laura Burgin, Matt Hort, Christopher A. Gilligan, Mehran Patpour, Annemarie F. Justesen, Mogens S. Hovmøller, Getaneh Woldeab, Endale Hailu, Bekele Hundie, Kebede Tadesse, Michael Pumphrey, Ravi P. Singh, Yue Jin, 2015. Phenotypic and genotypic characterization of race TKTTF of Puccinia graminis f. sp. tritici that caused a wheat stem rust epidemic in southern Ethiopia in 2013/14, Phytopathology 105:917-928.
- Kebede Tadesse, Amare Ayalew and Ayale Badebo, 2010. Effect of Fungicide on the Development of Wheat Stem Rust and Yield of Wheat Varieties in Highlands of Ethiopia. African Crop Science Journal, 18 (1):23-33.
- Kebede Tadesse and Bekele Hundie, 2009. Patterns of Urediospore Movement and Monitoring Epidemics of Stem Rust (Puccinia graminis f.sp.tritici) on Durum Wheat in Southeastern Ethiopia. East African Journal of Science, 3 (2): 78-88.